Friday, September 30, 2011

September

First month of school done, weather is starting to get cooler, actually had to turn on the heat one morning. All the trees are turning yellow then brown, I miss the orange and reds that meant fall out east. We just don't have the right type of trees here in Southern Alberta. Now if we went to Waterton or up North past Red Deer then I am sure we would see some real fall colours. Fall use to be my favourite time of year, crisp cool mornings, beautiful colours on the trees, crunchy leaves to step on and of course Halloween. Now that I am an adult and parent I can honestly say that Halloween is just not that much fun unless you are a kid.  I don't dress up, I don't go to party's, I don't get candy, I do get to go trick-or-treating with my littlest 2 girls. Veronica wants to be a dragon this year and Cara, I think, will be dressed as a bee. Need to get to Old Navy to pick up their customs this year. I cant wait to take a bunch of pictures and make LOs. Plus we are scheduling a family photo  to be taken. I am hoping to have one done every couple of years. It took me almost 4 years to talk Tyler into one because he hates having his picture taken.
Veronica is pretty much potty trained just struggling with the whole poop on the toilet thing but otherwise done. Cara has decided she wants to use the potty to so we sit her on there a couple times a day. Some times she uses it other times she just wants to sit there LOL. But that is a good start with a nonverbal child.
The Dayhome is finally full 3 days a week, I could take on a part time child for Thursdays and Fridays but its nice to have a slower couple of days before the weekend.
Weekends are hopefully going to start slowing down, all the girls are back from summer holidays and are back to work at Cleo which means I get my Saturdays back. I love working at Cleo with Amy and everyone but I miss being home on Saturdays and helping to get the cleaning done so we can do something fun in the afternoon. Plus I can make my big meals again. It was great a couple of weeks ago, had Shaun and Mark over and cooked glazed ham, country style potatoes, carrots. Then last week end had them over again and Liz, Aaron and Amelia, so had Chicken pot pie, Cesar salad and Apple pie with ice cream. Not sure what to cook for tomorrow as we always have Shaun and Mark over on Saturdays.
Have Thanksgiving planned and mostly bought for. Still need to get a turkey but was unable to find one at the places I shop yesterday. Shaun, Mark and Cathy will be here for sure, waiting to find out if my mom and stepdad are joining us. Turkey, homemade buns, mashed potatoes, yams, carrots, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce, a couple of pumpkin pies, lemon merquine pie and I have not decided yet if I will make broccoli and cheese sauce. I love Thanksgiving and cooking for people. If I could I would entertain more. I now have the house for it and a nice large kitchen just don't have enough places for people to sit and eat.
This weekend is General Conference, I will be unable to watch it Saturday due to Fostercare training but I will be able to see it later online. I love technology it has made my life much easier, sometimes I look at things and wonder how did I ever get by with out such and such. I can keep track of friends across the world, meet people from all over the world, see shows that I missed, listen to music before I buy it, able to share pictures with family no matter were they are. Talk to and see family via skype in real time. It is a great blessing. Well on that note God Bless you all and have a most wonderful weekend with your friends and families!

No comments:

Post a Comment