Friday, September 2, 2011

First day of School and Bullying

So today was the first day back to school for Michaela and Fred. I can't believe I have 2 children in High School. Michaela is still at LCI and Fred is going to Chinook, it is good to have them in 2 different schools. Michaela graduates this year, wow am I ever old. I remember my High School Graduation like it was yesterday and now my oldest is graduating this year. 20 years ago would never of guessed I would be watch my own child finish High School. Michaela also has Drivers ed this year and will get her license which means I can then send her on errands to the store, LOL. I have high hopes for Fred this year and that he wont be bullied. I am not going to let the schools handle it anymore, they never really do anything about it. Alot of the kids that bully him are kids he goes to church and Scouts with, this year I am going straight to the parents and we are going to have a chat! I mean I was tease in elementary but nothing like what Fred is experiencing. Kids have become down right mean, threatening and abusive, children should not have to put up with that kind of treatment. Most of us understand what this does to a person, how it belittles them, hurts their self esteem, and can cause depression and lose of self worth. As a society we have determined that this is considered abuse and adults can be charge by the police for it but we constantly make excuses for kids and try to counsel them to treat others nicer. In my experience this is a waste of time, there needs to be some major consequences for kids that bully otherwise they don't get how wrong it is. I have lived with this problem for 7 years now with my son, he is constantly bullied at school or Scouts and doesn't wish to participate at church activities because of the other kids. This year I will hopefully put a stop to this so he can enjoy his High School years as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment