Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catch up time

A lot has happened in the first couple of months of this year. I really need to at least update this every month.

Lets see if I can get everything in order LOL. My mom is all move out of the house and she and Sharron are living in seniors housing. Very weird to think of my mom as a senior, which she is not, yet but they made an exception and placed her there. She will be considered a "senior" in a couple more years. Bill is doing everything he can to trash my  mom's name in Taber. What is it with controlling men and this need to make others out to be something they are not. Oh hold it I answered that, he is CONTROLLING. Mom is doing the same thing I did about my ex, nothing. This is the time you tend to find out who your TRUE friends are. I refused to answer any allegations my ex made about me and my mom is doing the same. One, whats the point, people will believe what they want to believe, no matter what you say. And two, it takes up to much time and energy. Alberta Mental Health is watching her and providing a ton of counseling so she can deal with all the crap in her life and get to a much stronger healthier mental mind set. I am very grateful to them for this as she refuses to move to Lethbridge so I can be closer to help out if need be. She has a very strong support group out there both professionally and friend wise. She has met some new great people at the apartment complex she is in and is getting out with a small group of women who's sole purpose is to learn to have fun, which she is enjoying. I am very happy to see and hear that she is getting to a health point in her life and that she has people who really care about her.

January we also complete all steps required to have my nephews placed here. All that was need now was a sit down chat with Child Services to go over the boys needs and for us to decied if we could provide for them. By this time the boys had not seen any family other then their sister since July. I am sure they were feeling abanded and angry. With that in mind I full expected there to be some agression and acting out. We got the call towards the end of January for a meeting and were informed that the boys needed to be placed asap because the foster home their were in could no longer have them there. We sat down on a Tuesday to discuss my nephews, their needs and wether to place them here or not. Now due to Privecy laws I can not share with you all that was said. Here are a few facts that are comenly known... They were originaly placed with my mom and stepdad, who could give them one hundred percent of their time. There were no other children in the home and both parents were also at home. My mom spent all her time with them and raised them for 3 years until they were removed and placed in a foster home. That being said one of the assements for a professional stated these boys need that kind of enviorment again. Now the boys are school age so the adults in the home can work but there can be no other children in the home because they need one on one care. I have 4 kids not going to happen, but that was not the red flag. Then we were informed about other assessments done, we knew about some of them, they are ADHD but it was everything else that I can't share. All I can say is we could not put our children at risk and it would not be just my little girls that would be at risk but possible my 2 teens as well. That was the kicker plus the fact I run a dayhome and that would mean put other family's children at risk. Well we took the 24 hrs to decied like they asked but had already had a disscussion and decission with in 15 minutes of them leaving. We would love to help those boys out and know that we could give them a better start to life then they have had but our family comes first. We told Child Services that right from the start that we want to help but our family, marriage needs to come before the boys. Now the only info I have is the boys are being placed into foster-to-adopt program to find them a perment home, which they are so desperatly in need of. All I can do is pray that this happens for them. As of right now we are out of the loop and have no say or info about my nephews. What I want to do is make a family album for them with pictures and info so they know that we are out there and if they ever want to make contact they can. My mom has the pics and that is the next goal for her once I get her taxes done.

Well that brings up mostly to the present my next post should more positive, Thanks for reading and may God hold you in the Palm of His Hand. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment